Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our New Year

Here we are already a week into a New Year and chapter in all of our lives. I hope this update finds everyone doing well and staying healthy. My mother and father in law in San Antonio have been sick for almost 2 weeks with a nasty virus. In Texas the unpredictable weather of one day being 80 degrees and the next day 40 degrees plays havoc on our bodies.

So how was your New Year’s Eve ? The kids and I went over to the Anchors for an evening of food, fellowship, games and of course watching the ball drop in a zero degree NY Times Square! The kids were all in bed by 12:30am, about 1am I headed to bed only to lay there for about an hour. I couldn’t stop thinking about Taj; we had brought in over 20 New Years together! If I could try to impart any words of wisdom at the start of this year, it is to let go of the trivial and make every moment with your loved ones count. To often we are distracted with work, TV, the internet, our homes and waiting on the sidelines is our wife, husband, our children, other family and friends. We need to fill our lives and time serving others and not being so concerned about ourselves. Ok, I will get off my soap box... :)

Well school is back into full swing and with it comes to with a new level of activity around the Brown household. I am so thankful that all 5 of my kids are doing well and have good overall attitudes in regards to school. Hopefully it will continue...

Please stay in touch and post a comment on how you are doing! We would love to hear from each of you.

- David
blog comments powered by Disqus