Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Empty Seat

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday morning at church just before Christmas. As we start a New Year, make every moment count with your family and loves ones. Let the trivial, unimportant things go....


I am sitting in church with Jonathan, Emily and Elisabeth and there is an empty seat next to us. A seat that Taj will never fill again, it is such a huge void. This was a seat that she fought so hard and long to sit in. Taj endured tremendous suffering to live and be in this seat and be with us. God why is this seat now empty ? Who will now fill this important seat ?

God would you fill this seat with your Holy Spirit ? God did you feel this void we're feeling when Jesus, your precious Son died on the cross ? You didn't see an empty seat, You saw a blood stained and empty cross.

We just sang a beautiful song, the chorus was " Great is the name the name of Jesus, Great is the name the name of Jesus " As we sang this melody from our hearts the seat next to us and void in our hearts didn't seem so empty.

For all of you with an empty seat in your life, I pray that during this Christmas season that Jesus would heal the hurts and pains you have. A perfect peace can be found in Jesus Christ alone.

Psalm 18:6 - King David writes, " In my distress I called to the Lord, I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice, my cry came before him, into his ears "

Merry Christmas, we love you all,

Six and One,

David, Jonathan, Emily, Elisabeth, Josiah and Daniel on earth

Taj Renee in Heaven
blog comments powered by Disqus