Sunday, November 30, 2008

Camping and Turkey Day

     I hope this finds everyone in good spirits after a peaceful Thanksgiving Day and weekend. We had a very nice Thanksgiving Day with my mother and father in law, Bev and Dave Oliver, my brother in law, John Oliver and his wife, Kim and daughter, Hannah. We shared a delicious Thanksgiving meal with our dear friends the Anchors and the McGorty’s. Holly and Shawn were great hosts and prepared a yummy 25 lb Turkey and everyone provided different side dishes. We watched some football, visited, played some cards and games. I also celebrated my birthday on Thanksgiving Day and was treated like royalty. I received so many birthday cards and nice gifts. I truly am blessed to have so many wonderful family and friends in my life.


     Now let’s back up a few days from Thanksgiving. The kids and I left on Sunday afternoon for camping and spent 3 great days at Inks Lake State Park with the Anchors, McGorty’s, Tanners and Olivers. We enjoyed Gods creation in the full color of fall, it was so beautiful. There were plenty of campfires on chilly nights, cups of hot coffee in the morning, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, intense touch football games, cards, dominos, good talks and laughter. We also had moments of missing our #1 camper, Taj. One of Taj’s greatest loves was camping with family and friends. We honored Taj by going forward with this family camping outing and enjoying it to our fullest. Taj never gave up on anything and we will not either ! Here's some of our pictures from the camping trip:




     Also, a quick reminder - we do have email notification support for the site now so you can do that, just type in your email address on the right side!

     We now move into the special Christmas Season. I hope that in the days and weeks to come that we would all embrace the greatest gift ever given, Jesus Christ.

blog comments powered by Disqus